Update - 5/6/2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS:
Atique Orthodontics Families,
IT’S OFFICIAL!! We will be doing a soft opening May 11TH
We are so happy to be back serving our valued orthodontic patients! Since a lot of appointments were missed during this time, we will do our very best to get everyone’s orthodontic treatment back on track. We will be contacting everyone to reschedule missed appointments dating back from March 23, 2020. We apologize and ask for your patience since the process to call everyone will take some time.
In order for us to be able to stick with ADA guidelines for social distancing this might mean you could be offered fewer options in the beginning and we thank you for cooperation in advance while we work through this difficult time. We are following all American Dental Association guidelines to prevent exposure to the COVID-19 virus, we can assure you our team and doctor are symptom free and ready to serve you in a safe environment. We have participated in numerous webinars and informational meetings for the best practices to protect our patients and team. We have made some changes to appointments to keep both our patients and our team safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is what to expect at Atique Orthodontics BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER your appointment.
▪ We ask that all patients BRUSH & FLOSS YOUR TEETH THROUGHLY AT HOME before your appointment. We would like to minimize the exposure of our patients and the toothbrushing station will only be used as necessary and disinfected after use.
▪ We will ask all parents and siblings to stay in the car. Our waiting room will be closed. We have now, “Curbside Check In”, when you arrive, please text us at (210) 899-5494 and we will sign you in, please take a moment to fill out the SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMED CONSENT and the SUPLEMENTAL HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE at https://www.atiquesmiles.com/patient-forms too. In fact all our forms are being uploaded so you can use your cellphone or computer to do all required paperwork from the safety of your house or car.
▪ We will text you back when we are ready for you. At that point, only the patient will be allowed in the office. (Parents with small children ONLY will be allowed in and will be required to wear masks, if you do not have one-we will provide one for you)
▪ We will take the temperature of anyone entering the office and ask them to utilize the hand sanitizer. If anyone has a temperature over 100.4 degrees, or respiratory symptoms, we will ask them to reschedule their appointment.
▪ We will be keeping social distancing, there is 6 feet between each of our treatment chairs, we have installed dividers between them, sneeze guards at our front desk and we will continue to keep a high standard of disinfection of our equipment and our personal protective equipment.
▪ You will be seeing us with N95 masks, surgical masks, shields, gloves, lab coats and disposable gowns during orthodontic appointments.
▪ If you have any questions or concerns about our safety measures, do not hesitate to ask.
▪ To update everyone on their orthodontic progress, if your son or daughter has a phone with them at the appointment, we would be happy to record a note to let you know of their progress and when we would like you to schedule their next appointment. If not, we will be sending you a text message with the same information.
▪ Please do not hesitate to ask any questions, we are more than happy to come to your car so we may update you as well.
These processes are constantly evolving, and we will modify them as necessary and recommended. Please understand that all of this is new for us and that there may be longer than usual wait times, as our staff gets used to the new procedures. We are here for you, so please do not hesitate to call if you have any further questions. We thank you again for your cooperation and understanding in advance and we look forward to seeing you soon!
With much love,
Dr. Maria I Atique Rojas and the Atique Orthodontics Team